Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week 22 of my weight loss challenge - challenge within the Challenge.

It has been a long time. Too long actually. It's been kind of a busy month for me. Just getting accustomed to my new environment can be enough to break many good habits, but also getting accustomed and prepared for the new ministry. Exercise has been neglected. I've been overeating a lot as well. I finally have the scale at the new house, and I used it this past Saturday to weight myself. My weight was back to 299. My last weigh in was 297, and more than one month later I had gained 2 pounds. Doesn't sound too bad, given the circumstances. But disappointing nonetheless. I should be weighing less pounds by now!

I have decided to jump-start this Challenge with another challenge. A sort of challenge within my general weight loss challenge. In this week, I'm going to try to lose the most weight I can, but in a healthy manner. I will skip no meal, nor eat unhealthy small portions. I will, however, exercise every day of this week. I will control my caloric intake even more than before. And I'm going to set an unrealistic goal: 10 lbs. in one week! It sounds stupidly unrealistic. Naive even. But can I do it? Maybe, I sure hope so. And I will make the best effort to achieve it. I will only follow this strict regimen for this week, only to jump-start my weight loss challenge. I will get back to a less strict regimen, hoping to lose no more than 2 pounds per week. I will post the result this coming Saturday so stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment